compensation: $27 to $37 per hour for 40 hours per week employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Turris is expert in providing engineering, procurement and project management services for communications, broadcast and wind applications. As an established provider of total solutions, Turris works closely with its partner companies, subcontractors and suppliers to provide a seamless result. Led by a seasoned team of skilled professionals and managers, Turris is an innovative company built on an engineering team with over 40 years of direct industry experience having designed and constructed some of the world’s tallest structures and most challenging projects.
Turris members hold a broad spectrum of licenses and certificates and provides engineering services across North America and Internationally. Turris engineers are accredited and an active members of CSA, TIA, ASCE (Dynamics of latticed structures), CSA Technical Committee on Communication Towers and Wind Energy
Turris provides the full suite of engineering and deployment services to three main industries, Broadcast, Telecom and Wind industries.
Turris is located at 70 Todd Road in Georgetown, Ontario L7G 4R7 and is seeking to hire Telecommunications Tower Riggers. We offer competitive wages between $27 and $31 per hour for Riggers commensurate with the experience and role.
Wages are $27 to$31 per hour for 40 hours per week.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• New Construction of telecommunications towers and rooftops
• Climb communications and broadband towers to reinforce or augment existing structures
• Installation of antennas, lines radios of all telecom products, including cellular and microwave
• Perform troubleshooting of telecommunications systems and perform necessary repairs or replacements
• Perform product verification and provide reporting of results
• Perform antenna alignments and positioning
• Utilize appropriate tools, test sets and products to complete projects defect free and of high quality
• Experience with tower erection, antenna and transmission line systems.
• Fall arrest and protection training and experience
• Ability to travel extensively
• Work outside, at heights or in confined spaces
• Heavy lifting, manual work and proficient use of installation tools as required
• Good computer and communications skills
• Ability to read blueprints and documentation
• Good understanding of wireless communication systems
• Good understanding of industry standard installation guidelines
• Good knowledge of the operation and safety requirements of power tools
• Good understanding of electricity and electrical safety
• Fluent in English, written and oral
Education and experience
• Secondary education required. College or technical training would be an asset.
• Ability to conduct basic testing of antennas and lines
• Ability to sweep coax lines, perform OTDR testing on fiber and Microwave alignment
• 3 + years of relevant telecommunications experience