compensation: $28 per hour employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Kodarin Industries located at 803 Barton Street, Stoney Creek, ON, L8E 5G6 is hiring a full time and permanent Machinist.
You will be working for an industry-leading supplier of custom machining services to the thriving steel, heavy equipment, energy and mining industries in Ontario Canada.
• Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints or study sample parts to determine machining operations to be performed, and plan best sequence of operations
• Compute dimensions and measure and lay out work pieces
• Set up, operate and maintain a variety of Conventional or CNC equipment to perform precision, non-repetitive machining operations such as turning, milling, boring, drilling, and other operations
• Machine medium to very large parts using the following conventional or CNC equipment: horizontal boring mill, vertical boring mill, lathe, vertical milling machines
• Use indicators and other measurement tools to set up fixtures, set tool holders and cutting tools, touch-off tooling and make adjustments to ensure adherence to tight tolerance dimensions
• Maintain tight tolerances and verify dimensions of components for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments such as a micrometers, verniers, bore gauges and height gauges
• Deburr and, inspect parts and ensure conformance to quality and drawing requirements.
• Fit and assemble machined metal parts and subassemblies using hand and power tools
• Maintain quality of parts and report deviations from specifications and tolerances to supervisor and QC personnel
• Complete inspection reports and other quality related paperwork, as required
• Perform daily preventative maintenance on facility machinery and/or assigned machining center
• Trade certificate OR
• a combination of over six years of work experience to be eligible to challenge the Provincial Certificate of Qualification or Red Seal
• Perform the duties listed above with flexibility using multiple machines
• Show initiative, demonstrate a positive, “can-do” attitude and go the extra mile for our customers when required
• Drive to work more efficiently, learn constantly, and multi-task
• Communicate effectively, show respect for others, and be a team player
• A valid driver’s license
• Availability for multiple shifts from time to time
• $28 per hour
How to Apply
Please send the following to the email on the posting.
• Three references confirming your experience to meet the requirements outlined above
• Please find a summary of the book “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” by Stephen Covey: https://www.oberlo.ca/blog/7-habits-of-highly-effective-people-by-stephen-covey-summary. Explain which of the 7 factors you identify with and provide relevant examples to support your selection.
• A motivation letter in which you explain why you would be a suitable applicant
Failure to provide all the information would indicate that you did not read the advertisement or that you cannot follow instructions. Failure to comply would result in your application not to be considered as it is incomplete.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers