Angelz on Assignments has lent a helping hand to people in the community including: seniors, families, people with physical and mental disabilities, and the terminally ill, home service providers, and office support staff—providing services 24 hours a day, seven days a week to clients in their homes.
At Angelz on Assignments we love our work. As a team member you’ll do more than provide services to clients; you’ll build strong, long-lasting relationships. We offer high-quality services that are growing across Ontario, and our work environment focuses on supporting clients and staff through client and family centered care, well-connected healthcare teams, and continual improvement.
At Angelz on Assignments, more is not just our commitment to clients, but to our incredible team of Personal Support Workers and Nurses. Our caring, professional team offers spectacular care to Ontario seniors, families, adults and children living with disabilities or suffering from a chronic or terminal illness, helping them live life more independently, in comfort and with dignity.
Personal Support Workers in Toronto, North York, Durham, Markham and Hamilton - Mornings and Evenings
Angelz on Assignments Personal Support Workers (PSWs) help clients live more comfortably, safely and as independently as possible. Their skilled, compassionate support can also be a great assistance to family caregivers looking for a much-needed break. Personal support workers assist our clients with:
• Activities of daily living such as grooming, dressing and bathing
• Meal planning and preparation
• Mobility and transfers
• Light household duties such as cleaning, laundry and washing dishes.
• Reporting changes in client behavior and condition, through progress notes
• Demonstrated ability to recognize safety issues and follow safe work practices
• Possess a compassionate and flexible nature, and a client-centered approach to caregiving
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Requires good judgement, problem solving and assessment abilities
• A keen desire to learn
• PSW certification from an approved and recognized educational institution
• 1 years' experience in providing homemaking and/or personal support services, including care of seniors.
• Ability to read, write, and speak English
• Demonstrated commitment to client and family centered care.
• Use of proper body mechanics and successful completion of physical readiness to ensure safe work practices are followed including mobility, transfers, bending, lifting, push, and pulling.
• Demonstrated ability to recognize safety concerns, communicate effectively using a computer and/or mobile device.
• Requires good judgement, the ability to work independently, and work cooperatively with the care-giving team.
• Effective problem solving and decision-making skills to safely service clients.
• Ability to travel between assignments by public transportation or by car
• Flexible to work weekends
• Current CPR and First Aid certification is a definite asset
• Must be available to work on the weekends or rotational weekends
Why Work at Angelz on Assignments?
• A stimulating, client and family focused work environment.
• A variety of full-time and part-time positions.
• We invest in our staff, offering continuous opportunities for learning.
• Competitive compensation
• We foster a supportive, and respectful team environment.