QR Code Link to This Post
Professional person who is specifically trained, competent and performs assigned functions of personal care to the patient in their residence under the direction, instruction and supervisor of the registered nurse (RN).
1) Must currently have a Personal Support Worker Certificate from an Accredited PSW Education Program or from a Community College.
2) Must have CPR Certificate and provide background check.
3) Ability to read and communicate effectively.
4) Ability to follow written and verbal directions well.
5) Must have the ability to deal with patients and family members in a polite and courteous manner.
6) Demonstrate maturity and empathy when working with patients.
7) Ability to work well under strict time constraints and under pressure.
8) Must have a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene, must always wear PPE when working with patients.
9) Previous work experience considered an asset.
1) Understands and adheres to established Agency policies and procedures.
2) Perform personal care and bath as ordered.
3) Completes appropriate visit records in a timely manner as per Agency Policy.
4) Reports changes in the patient's condition and needs to the RN or whoever is in charge of care.
5) Preforms household services essential to health care in the home as assigned.
6) Ambulates and exercises the patient as assigned.
7) Performs simple procedures as an extension of the therapy services. (E.G. Range of motion (ROM) exercises as assigned)
8) Assists with medications that are ordinarily self-administered as assigned.
9) Attends training and continuing education programs as scheduled and necessary.
10) Attends patient care conferences as scheduled.
Works indoors in Agency office and patient homes and travels to/from patient homes.
Supervised by: Director of Clinical Services/Nursing Supervisor/RNs, PTs, OTs,
Ability to perform the following tasks if necessary:
• Ability to participate in physical activity
• Ability to work for extended period of time while standing and being involved in physical activity.
• Heavy lifting
• Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a regular basis.